Forum Title: Moving from London to Melbourne, Australia
Hi everyone, great to read through some of these posts. Great info, tips and perspectives from all around the world. I've been Ames Taping for the last 10 years and I'm hoping to get some info on the Australian way of working, especially Melbourne, Victoria. I understand it's called plaster board stopping? Or I'm classed as a plasterer stopper? Any additional help here would be appreciated. I fly to Melbourne mid December and I understand I need a white card immediately (general health & safety course) for the construction industry. This is fine, I can enroll to do this and I unrstand it's a 5-6 hour course. Ideally, I'd rather work for a large contractor and be on their payroll. Im not sure of this is common or if I need to be self employed. Im hoping to get an idea of wages too. If anyone knows of anyone looking for workers, I will buy my tools and a van as soon as I land and can start immediately. I will have my matchine tools shipped over in a few weeks. Any help, tips or guidance would be much appreciated. Thanks, Paul
Category: Drywall Post By: CHRISTINA HOWARD (Union City, CA), 02/09/2018

Support & Remodeling Resources For Homeowners

requestaquote Get Free Quotes callnow 888-506-9527